Monday, June 15, 2009

Good morning! What a nice evening I had with some very good Daniel Island friends. Karen and Robert. Karen lives and works on Daniel Island as I do. Robert is a soon to be Daniel Island resident as we search for homes for him. When they return from their Ireland vacation, we will be searching for his new home.My topic today is cooking...........on Daniel Island.I want to first say that I raised 2 daughters and yes I used to cook. I never really enjoyed cooking, but it wasn't until last night when we were discussing my dislike for cooking that I realized it wasn't so much the cooking that I felt an aversion towards, but it is the decision of what to make every night and the task of meeting everyones needs to enjoy the same meal............what I am getting at is my friends Karen and Robert invite me every Sunday to join them for dinner because of my aversion to cook and it is always so delicious! Last night we had fried rice, crab cakes, Caesar Salad and we even had appetizers shrimp and warm yummy bread in this yummy oil and seasoning. I watched Karen prepare the meal with a recipe book in hand. She was making part of the meal for the first time so she wanted to do it right. Everything was perfectly measured and she had all the right equipment to do this......It almost made me want to try it! almost! maybe.......not sure yet.The best part of the night was sitting on her screened in porch over looking the marsh. We talked about how lucky we are to be here on Daniel Island. It was dusk and it was quiet and it was just good friends bonding.........This is a typical night on Daniel Island.........I am thinking I just might cook a meal for those two! We will see...............Now for the office.....I have a client that has just received a contract on his home in Greenwich CT and he wants me to send him all the homes available so they can begin to choose their home. They visited for the first time about a month ago and have been wanting to get back here since! Peter is so excited about the whole life style of living for his family. His wife, Amory loves to golf and play tennis! The kids are all active and are very into water sports. Peter has kept me up to date on the current buyers on his home as they made offer after offer..........This is not unusual for clients to visit, fall in love with the island and then they just can't stop thinking about getting here until they are here!Have a good day! Til tomorrow!..........
June 15, 2009 6:23 AM