Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Well, okay, so that's disappointing.....I just spent about 45 minutes typing up my blog for today, only to realize you have to actually enter this site for it to be saved!!! Okay, so let me try to recap!
It's another sunny day here as I look outside my office window! This morning started out with a nice run on the island. I then heading to my 730am Daniel Island Rotary meeting and then onto the sales meeting at the office. During the sales meeting, it was obvious that the market is beginning to improve. We have an increase in the number of potential buyers. We also noticed numerous buyers leaning towards building their home here on the island. We still have inventory that we need to get through, but there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel.

I want to introduce you to the people that live here on the island. I am hoping to show you just how wonderful it is to live on the island.

Daniel Island tends to attract fun loving warm and friendly people. I have been told by my "out of town" clients that it is so easy to fit in quickly and feel welcome and wanted here! I have to believe them when they tell me this, because I have heard it so many times before.


Earlier today, friends of mine who were initially my clients, Brett and Betty Williams invited me to lunch. Betty and Brett own a 2nd home here on the island with their primary home in Shaker Heights. They are very active in the community with Betty enjoying tennis and Brett tells me he is getting ready to start playing golf. They are always doing something. I think they mentioned playing bridge tonight with some friends. (a card game, I don't know how to play) They are very involved with events that come to the island. They have signed up to volunteer their services for the Nationwide tour will be here in October. (Pro-Am) This will be played on our Ralston Creek Course designed by Rees Jones. Brett and Betty have made many good friends. Even though they live here part time, they always feel welcome and their friendships remain strong even when there is a temporary distance in miles.

Last night, prior clients, who are now very close friends met with my friend and I for dinner downtown at "Slightly North of Broad", a wonderful downtown restaurant. Tony and Renee Deering moved here from South Africa. Tony owns and company, Pegasus Steel in South Africa and wanted to move here so that his family could experience a safe happy relaxed life. Life in South Africa is difficult with the rising crime. He decided to expand his company which is now located in Goose Creek where they build military vehicles. Tony will also have a nuclear division, Pegasus Nuclear, here on the island next month. Tony is very active and currently training for a marathon. You may have seen him on my facebook. He is one of the 3 friends I run with in the morning.......however last night I am told I am being a slacker lately..........no worries...........I will be back!
His wife Renee and I have become quite close. They have 3 children. Samantha, age 12, Adam age 7 and Paige age 2! Paige and my granddaughter, Kylee play together often at the pool! Renee and I walk the bridge Thursday mornings! A new tradition we started a few weeks ago! The Ravenel Bridge is a great walk or run for anyone! Here they have the annual bridge run that you may have heard about.

I am hoping that you will eventually understand the lifestyle, the friendliness, the warmth, the true feel of Daniel Island. I am truly blessed to live and work on the Island.

So what's on for tonight? I am hearing there is a great movie called "Hangover".......I will have to check it out..........I will let you know............

Also, I am thinking I should add pictures for you to see who I am talking about.......I am going to improve this Blog with time. Just hang in there! You can also send me suggestions if you can think of something you would like me to add.
okay...........That's is from Renee for Today!